This course starts where the basic Concealed Carry course leaves off. After a review of firearms safety rules and basic handgun skills, this training focuses on the basic skills required to effectively use a handgun for self-defense. The course teaches you concealed carry techniques with topics that include drawing and shooting from the holster, weapons handling skills, malfunction clearances, emergency reloads, tactical reloads, support hand shooting, practice drills, the use of cover and concealment, target identification and multiple target prioritization. This course covers a variety of drills designed to develop basic gun-handling and marksmanship skills, helping you get shots on target more quickly.
Prerequisite: Advance Handgun. This course is not designed to teach first-time shooters how to shoot. You must already have had some type of training, and possess solid, safe gun handling and shooting skills.
- Handgun in good working condition.
- 300 rounds of ammunition.
- (2) Magazines or speed loaders.
- Magazine or speed loader holder.
- Shirt or jacket to be used for concealing handgun.
- Ear and eye protection.
- Belt, inside the waistband or outside holsters are acceptable. No shoulder or cross-draw holsters, fanny packs, ankle holsters. Holster must allow for one-hand re-holstering… no floppy nylon. Holsters must completely cover the trigger!
There will be a $25.00 cancellation or rescheduling fee.